Instagram for Business | Answers to the Most Frequently Asked Questions
Every brand has a story. Instagram is a platform that’s unique in its singular focus on captivating imagery and providing brands with an avenue for rich visual storytelling.
Why use Instagram for Business
- It’s a tight community: Instagrammers are passionate about the platform
- It’s very visual: Instagram’s simple design allows captivating imagery to take center stage
- It’s beautiful: Instagram is a creative and inspiring environment
But Let’s Also Cover Some Stats
- Instagram boasts of 200M monthly actives
- With 65% of the users residing outside the U.S.
- Instagram is home to 20B photos
- It generates 1.6B likes daily
- And 60M photos per day
Brands are some of the most creative contributors to the Instagram community.
- Ben & Jerry’s reached 9.8 million users and saw a 33-point increase in ad recall
- Levi’s, the classic American retailer reached 7.4 million people and saw a 24-point lift in ad recall
- America’s Taco Bell was the first restaurant to advertise on Instagram. The response was tremendous, including a 29-point lift in ad recall
Clearly, Instagram makes a strong case when it comes to social media platforms businesses should use to increase their reach and impact
Useful Content Strategy Tips
- Start with clear goals: Your Instagram account should fit into your overall brand marketing strategy
- Choose a theme that’s authentic to your brand and tells a cohesive story through captivating imagery
- Produce high-quality images and videos that are well crafted. The content you create should feel at home on the platform
Photo Taking, Editing and Sharing on Instagram
First off, to produce images and videos that are well crafted, you need to know the exact image sizes used by Instagram. Instagram image size used to be 612 pixels in width by 612 pixels in height. Recently, this image size was slightly increased. The current image size is 640 pixels in width by 640 pixels in height.
So first things first, remember this image size for all content you create for marketing on Instagram.
1. Photo Editing Tips
Once you’ve taken a photo, you can edit it by applying effects. Instagram provides a suite of photo-editing tools including:
When you take a photo using the Instagram in-app camera or upload a photo from file, you can straighten it using the Adjust tool.
You can add a border to any filtered photo.
Lux makes your photos more vibrant and brings out details you couldn’t see before.
Other photo-editing tools include:
– Brightness: It makes your photo brighter or darker.
– Warmth: It shifts the colors of your photo towards warmer or cooler tones.
– Vignette: It darkens the edges of a photo.
– Highlights: Use it to adjust the focus on the bright areas of an image.
2. Combining Multiple Photos
Have you ever taken multiple photos and thought to yourself “I wish there was some kind of way to upload all these images at once without overwhelming my Instagram followers”?
Well, that’s actually something that’s possible.
There are apps you can use to organize multiple photos into a single image before sharing them on Instagram. Some of these apps include:
– Apple iOS
3. Photo Sharing Tips
Adding tags to your photos and videos is a great way to find new followers and share your posts with more people. The key is to know the best practices for using hashtags.
- Choose specific tags that will help you connect with the right people on the social network
- Make it easy for the right Instagrammers to find you by being relevant
- Be observant. Sometimes you may discover a popular hashtag you wouldn’t have thought of on your own
Another popular query when it comes to photo sharing on Instagram is the best time of day to post to the social network?
Analytics app SumAll investigated and reported that the best times to post to Instagram are as follows:
– 6 p.m. or 8 p.m. on Mondays and 5-6 p.m. on the other weekdays.
Measuring your Performance on Instagram
Sometimes it becomes important to know how effectively your brand is engaging on Instagram and which photos are working. These insights then inform your future posts and overall marketing strategy. Two of the top analytics tools you can use to measure and track your performance on Instagram are:
This is a comprehensive and yet free set of Instagram tools designed to help you measure and track multiple metrics that matter to your Instagram account and interactions.
Totems is the most complete marketing suite for brands on Instagram. It helps you understand your audience, track your campaigns and benchmark your competitors so you can optimize your content.